Tuesday, September 15, 2009

An afternoon of sewing





After my cry for help a couple of posts ago, I got a phone call from a friend who said her mom knows how to make slip covers and they would love to come over for a sewing workshop. We had a nice afternoon, cutting, stitching and sewing away. Since I didn't have my fabric pre-washed for the slip cover, I had to pay close attention to the verbal instructions. What I did finish was my skirt (well, sort of--needs a little minor adjustment), a baby blanket for a friend, and some organic catnip pillows made from vintage fabric scraps.
This is Max, my big chocolate monkey of a cat (and Bobby's brother). He pretty much refused to get off the ironing board even when Art pretended to press him. Look at those paws gripping the edge. He literally lifted the whole thing off the floor when I tried to pry him off. I think the catnip makes him a little stoned.

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny - look at those back legs too, stretched out behind him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...yes i am agree with emily's comment....too funny...

    ReplyDelete