Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Muggy!!!





I'm done with this weather! Someone please make it stop. I thought summer would never arrive, then the mugginess and heat won't let up.
Art and I spent a good part of the day cleaning up the "ugly corners" of the yard. Lot's of leaves, branches and little piles of junk that I never let you see here. We've been working on it for the past few months trying to get ready for my friends wedding in October.
I'm happy to report that the chickens, dogs and cats are all getting along beautifully now. It really makes for a less stressful home environment when you don't have to police them. It took about two weeks of slow introductions and refilling the squirt bottle several times. The final phase was actually a big surprise (accident) when the chickens made it out of their pen, through the blue gate into the dogs side of the yard while I was at the Art Walk. So relieved that no one was hurt and we didn't come home to a crime scene.

1 comment:

  1. That is lucky! Good dogs :)
    Your yard is so pretty. Is your stack of wood ready for Winter or for another purpose? I can't imagine needing an open fire in Southern California, but that could just be relative to where I've always come from!

    ReplyDelete