Monday, December 7, 2009

Artists Market and Open Studio






I made sure to snap a few pictures before the show started, and I'm so glad I did. The next few hours were a blur and before I knew it, it was over.

First of all, I want to thank my sisters, my husband and my friends for helping me make this show so successful. After injuring myself (paddle boarding) earlier in the week and spending the last few days unable to stand longer than five minutes at a time, they all rallied around and took care of every last detail. I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without you guys. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The studio has never looked so festive. The walls were covered with my paintings. Some for sale and some for show. The aroma of gardenia, grapefruit and tangerine candles filled the air with fruity goodness. I know it doesn't sound very christmasy, but I'm more fond of scents that transport me to an island getaway than a log cabin.
Outside the studio, fellow artist friends had lots of beautiful art, jewelry, pottery, hand sewn treasures, and baked goods for sale.
If you missed this event or need a last minute gift, feel free to contact me or check out my shop. I'll be leaving the studio set up till Christmas.
Participants this year included:
Birdie Design Studio
Cat Seylar Smith
Jeremiah Miller
Anica Oaks
M.O.M/42nd and Orange
Joan Byer
Barbara Nigro
Barrels and Branches Nursery
............and delicious coffee provided by the Pannikin

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it went well! Your paintings sure look great en masse like that. The island getaway scent would complement your work pretty nicely also, I can imagine.
    I hope your injury repairs quickly!
    ~ Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely studio Karin!! So in keeping with your beautiful work! I wish you wonderful success. Hope your injury is resolved. Kirsten

    ReplyDelete