Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our next class project is underway.


I thought I'd challenge my students with something a little more challenging for their next art project. We are drawing and painting a collection of vintage office supplies which is a great lesson in perspective drawing. Despite some whining, they're turning out pretty cool. There's a couple old typewriters, a stapler, a rotary phone and a chair in the works so far.

You're probably wondering why I have them all blindfolded? This was a little brain exercise to see how they draw using their memory. Then I removed the blind folds and had them draw the same thing with their eyes. Drawing can be a constant battle of the brain telling you what something looks like and the eyes really seeing it. One thing I did notice........ when you cover their eyes, their mouths take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment