Monday, April 11, 2011

Art class, yard overhaul ......and a Fiesta!




This weekend was buzzing with activities. Bright and early Saturday morning...my art students were working hard on their paintings. When the room gets nice and quiet, I know they are deep in concentration. It's pure heaven.

Then Art and I spent several hours pulling a seasons accumulation of weeds. This is the time of year when we try to get the yard cleaned up so we can enjoy planting vegetables and of course giant sunflowers. After three waste cans full my fingers were raw and the backs of my legs were done.

After cleaning up, it was time to meet up with the local creatives for a super fabulous cooking party hosted by Melissa and Bianca. Melissa's house is so amazing I didn't want to leave. Actually, I think I was one of the last to go.
Bianca had fresh tortilla chips, two kinds of salsa and margaritas ready when we arrived. She then showed us how to make her families favorite dishes. Mexican rice, beans, guacamole and homemade flour tortillas. Go here for the recipes and more pictures. Seriously, the best salsa verde ever!


More great pictures are posted on Grace's blog right here. And if that's not enough for you, Alexis will for sure have some beautiful shots as well. It's so nice to see everyones take on the evening.
This cute "toro" pinata was stuffed with some amazing notions and handmade gifts! I'm loving all my goodies and party favors! Geez, this party will be hard to top.


Oh, I almost forgot....

Brandi made the best tres leches cake for dessert! I'm sure she'll be posting her recipe soon. Definitely want to write that down.

To all the girls......thank you for such a fun night and I can't wait to see you all again soon.

6 comments:

  1. had so much fun with you at the fiesta! can't wait to see you again soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hammock between the palms...perfection. I hope to hear about the garden goodies. The reward of weed pulling! And very jealous of the cooking party! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe I just found your blog! I'm your newest follower...:) Had a great time with you last Sat. I was still stuffed Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw those recipes on Biancas site... must make those!!! I also saw a pic of what was inside that pinata - although I cant remember whos it was. SO fun Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks fantastic. what i'd give to be resting in that hammock right now too... have a great weekend karin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your garden looks gorgeous!! so worth the hard work!
    Boy did I get lost in bliss on your friends blogs.. what a fun and fab party!! I need to organize a big girls party after doing the 4 year olds!! ( methinks you are hanging with some pretty cool party organizers!!)

    ReplyDelete