Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Show and Tell






"Sunday Show and Tell" is a post that I used to email out regularly to show off some of my younger  students art work.  Since this is the first time that I've posted one my blog, I thought I'd show some past pieces of work that will be on display in May at the Pannikin.  My kids range from 8-14 years old and have really done some amazing stuff.  
Last week, to finish up a series of bird drawings and paintings, I thought it would be nice to draw from live models.  My neighbor was nice enough to loan me her baby chicks for the day so that they could get a close-up look at their anatomy.  They each had one to hold and study, then draw the best they could.  The chicks were so sweet and calm, many falling asleep on their laps.  Too cute.
Right now they are working on paintings featuring bamboo, sea horses, pandas and owls.  I'll feature the progress of these next sunday.   Enjoy, Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment