Friday, April 24, 2009

Getting Ready for Summer






After the three days of super hot weather, Art and I were inspired to get the garden ready for this years veggies. We usually start the grand process of weeding the week before Easter and it takes several weeks to get the yard back into shape. Here are some shots of our progress. As fast as the hot weather came, it left, bringing a winter chill again. Can't wait to spend some time in these hammocks again this summer sipping fruity cocktails with my sisters. Oh, that's my little girl Blue with the big smile. So proud to finally be a dog for a day. My dogs have been acting like indoor cats all winter. Have a great weekend everyone, I'll be back on Sunday. Karin

6 comments:

  1. Your artwork is so very beautiful! I love your summer girl. What a blessing your studio space must be to you.

    Good luck with your veggie garden.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, i love your yard. our yard is snow and snow and snow...i dream of having a place like this someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have totally fixed that place up! It looks amazing! So I guess we'll be having that reunion party at your house!!! Just kidding! We''ll make my mom throw it! She has an acre on a hill in O'side! It's just gorgeous! I'll be there May 20th! So keep an ear and an eye out for me! I want to see all your art in person! And your other Art,I remember him well. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful space you've made! I love those hammocks, they must be bliss in Summer.
    Have a great weekend!
    ~ Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Karin ! I love it when people say I'm funny, thanks! I didn't realise you were my follower now since I didn't first see you in my followers list. Thanks for your nice comment and for following, it's a honor!

    About your brother in law, tell him I envy him with all my heart !! hahahaha...

    Long Live Shag!

    ReplyDelete