Thursday, April 9, 2009

Inside My Art Studio






I'm working on some more paintings, but since they may take awhile, I thought I'd show you where I do all my work. 
 This is my newly converted art studio.  We repurposed the existing garage door into carriage doors that open like dutch doors which lets in even more light and my pooches can hang out with me without escaping to the front yard.  I painted chalkboard paint on both doors and hung vintage frames over it.  There is a separate entrance on the side,  two nice new windows and a couple of skylights.  The french door inside used to be the front door to my old shop on 101.  I grabbed it when they remodeled the building.  Now they hang on a cool barn track that slides open into the laundry/storage room.  I have always wanted a big laundry room.  Finally! 
I also included a quick bunny sketch I did this morning.  Maybe I'll use it in my next painting?  Karin


This space was all decorated for my first "Paris Themed" art class birthday party. The birthday girl (Tina) found some super cute decorations from this beautiful Etsy shop called Storia Home.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Karin,
    What a great space ~ I especially like the selection of green chairs :)
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a dream studio space. We have a building similar to that outside that I hope to do the same thing with eventually - especially the door part! Fab! And I loved seeing my banner in there - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much you guys! Jerusalem, I wish I could figure out how to put links in my blog, but I'm not all that computer literate yet. The studio was finished just in time for my first "Paris Themed' art party. Making art and drinking mimosas, what a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is one amazing studio space!!! Love it!

    As for linking, it's really easy. If you are using blogger, when you are writing your post, there are several icons in the posting box, like the spell check and where you can add an image. In there, you'll also find a little round green icon with a chain link. If you roll your mouse over it, it should say "link" or "insert link". Click on that icon and a pop up box will appear, and it will ask you to insert a url address. To make it really easy, just highlight the word you want the link to go to first and then click on the little green icon. Put your url address and then click done. It should link your higlighted word to the address you put in. Easy as that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Aline! I'll give it a try right now. Wish me luck. Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karin. You're studio space is totally dreamy! Great to get to see where you create all your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your studio is fantastic! i love the dutch doors. your paintings are just wonderful, too. thank you for visiting us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of your studio! I just want to hunker in there, drink coffee and create something. Or watch you create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful studio! How exciting you have a blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Karin. I am coming to you via Jerusalem. It's so nice to meet you. What a wonderful art space you've created for yourself. It's very nice to meet you. Welcome to our wonderful blog world.

    ReplyDelete