Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy, Busy,Busy!





This has been one of those weeks where every second of everyday seems to be full of work and responsibilities. Art's been at a Solar Living Seminar for the past three days leaving me as single mom to our 3 dogs and 3 cats. At the same time I've been pet sitting for my neighbors 7 chickens, a parrot, a lizard and a super sweet dog named Tanner. Technically I don't have to feed the lizard but I've been keeping an eye on him anyway. I just can't feed a live cricket to another animal. Kind of freaks me out. I've had painting workshops, kids art classes, a show to hang and I'm trying to finish up some more fabric designs for the shop.

Tomorrow I'm off to Los Angeles to have lunch with my Gramme who's turning 95 this year and I'll be staying at my sisters for a little cinco de mayo celebration. Then it's back to San diego to get ready for a two day show on Mother's Day weekend and the Patchwork show on the 17th. Whew! I'm tired but looking forward to sitting still on the train with my sketch book.

Here are a couple pictures of my new animal friends. I love the one where it looks like Tanner's laughing at the camera. Isn't this the coolest pot of strawberries? I had to snap a picture of it too. I'd love to have some of these in my garden. Take care everyone, Karin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karin ~
    A busy week for you for sure! The train rides with your sketch book sound as good as a seat in a coffee shop. Andy has a sketch book he takes with him when we go places. It is wonderful to look through to see what he saw or was thinking of as we went.
    Enjoy your time away, seeing family and celebrating cinco de mayo!
    ~ Emily.

    ReplyDelete