Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Look at these!



Today, I spent the whole day painting in my studio. I have about 7 paintings started that I hope to complete for my July show. Some have only background colors on the canvas, others have sketches on them, and I'm just about done with one pretty large piece. Since they aren't ready to show here yet, I thought I'd post a couple pictures of these fabulous wall hangings that my Gramme gave me. I think these are the coolest 60's art kits. Made of colored gravel, glass tiles, mirrors, crushed glass and gold cord. I hung Retro Kitty in my office and I thought it would be fitting to put the Siam meditation one in my genie inspired front room. If you click on the picture you can see them close up. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE those! Especially the kitty, totally have a weakness for kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the retro art kit images. On occasion I'll come across one in a vintage shop. Maybe I'll look at them with a new eye next time. :)

    ReplyDelete