Monday, May 25, 2009

Three Day Weekends





Don't you wish every week had three day weekends? When I cram all my weekend activities into just two days, I'm exhausted. I need the third day to help spread it out. I hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Day weekend. Art and I spent most of Sunday tackling the ugly spots in the yard. It's so rewarding to view the aftermath of a few good hours getting our hands dirty. Move the compost, raking, planting, mowing and watering. I'm feeling kind of sore, but there's still plenty more to do. What's the hurry you say?.......... Well, Art and I have decided to host my friends wedding here in early October. It'll probably take that long for us to get everything ready. Then the fun part will be decorating.

Saturday and Monday, I taught art classes. My younger students are starting their succulent paintings with water drops added for a cool effect. Carol, Francesca and I are almost done with the elephant mural. I think by next week it should be done. Just needs some more highlights and the polaroid border painted on. Here's a shot I took of them working on it.

I was able to bottle up all the honey with chunks of honeycomb harvested the other day. Just enough to pass out to my neighbors. Can't wait till the real harvesting begins.

5 comments:

  1. That honey looks so good! Such a deep amber color. How does it taste? As good as it looks? :)

    Your garden is looking good! I like how it is illustrative of your climate - the lanterns, rug, bench etc.

    It's fun seeing the progress on the elephants, too.

    ~ emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Karin. Glad you started it. Do you have plans for a magazine and TV show any time soon?

    Seriously, you're Encinitas's Martha Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura, I don't think I could have a TV show unless is aired at night. I can't imagine getting up any earlier than my usual 9am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friends are going to have a lovely wedding in your yard! I can't wait to see how you decorate.

    Is that a chick feeder that you planted succulents in? Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete