Friday, June 5, 2009

Retro Bombshell



That's not really her name, but like the last painting I did, I didn't know what to call her. She's a bit more groovey in a retro cartoony sort of way. Who knows, the names starting to grow on me.
I've been working on lots of different kinds of projects today (ceramics, painting, planting, and sewing to name a few) and will post some pictures for you next week as they get further along.
Tomorrow is my students painting class where we hope to get most of the succulents and other plant leaf paintings finished so we can add the water drops. Have a great weekend, Karin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karin,
    Totally agree - she definitely looks retro cartoon-ish. I like the way you've added tone to her hair. It must take a very steady hand to outline as you've done here - it's very effective though.

    Hope you had a great weekend also!

    ReplyDelete