Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Here's a lamp project I've been wanting to make for a while. I based this idea on one I had seen at West Elm that I think they still carry for $99.
Since I knew I had pretty much everything I needed in a cabinet of random dismantled objects and supplies that I've held onto for just this sort of thing. Its like having a giant junk drawer, only bigger.
-broken strands of a capiz shell curtain
-crimp beads (for attaching the fishing line holding the shells to the lamps frame
-a curly galvanized wire piece I made almost 20 years ago when I worked at a bead store. I hung onto this forever not knowing what to do with it but couldn't throw it out because it was such a pain to make.
-pliers
-light kit with a 15ft. cord

Voila! Behold my new beautiful light fixture! It puts off such a pretty glow.

p.s. I still have more strands of capiz shells if any of you want to try this yourself. Just let me know. Karin





2 comments: