Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My latest Project






I was so excited when Arts Alive asked me to paint one of their street banners for this years event. There are about 100 artists participating and I can't wait to see all the finished paintings. The big unveiling is in Feb., then they will hang downtown for 3 months before being auctioned off.
Thought you'd like to see the progression of my piece. I decided to do a different version of my beehive girl since I always regretted painting the original on a small 16x20 inch canvas. Can you believe how BIG this thing is? The last few days were spent painting from a little stool or up on a stepladder. I'm just about done and will post the rest of the pictures soon.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is big, I can't wait to see it finished, she's going to look fab!!

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!!!! Can't wait to see it up!

    xoxo,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is very cool - you must take pictures when it gets hung up! I just love your art.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, this is going to be amazing! I am looking forward to seeing it when it's complete. Will it be hanging on the main road through town or is downtown another area? (I've only ever really driven on the 101 and once we went down to the coast).

    ReplyDelete